If you are interested in finding out more about our school and are considering this school for your child, we would warmly welcome you to come along for a tour. Please contact us and book a tour or telephone conversation with the headteacher or a member of SLT.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you need help with any of these, just ring the Office 01364 643304
1. What do I have to do to get my child into Buckfastleigh Primary School?
You have to apply through Devon County Council Admissions online.
2. My child has a place, what are the 'Getting to know school' events planned for the summer before my child starts?
We will confirm 'Story and Singing' dates and arrangements at the end of March. These dates will be put on to the Parent and Carer calendar on this website. Staff from school will try to visit new children in their nurseries where possible.
3. What are the arrangements for Reception starters?
In the first week of school in September, your child will be invited to attend mornings and go home before lunchtime. In the second week, we would expect all children to attend full time. If you feel that your child will be happy with full time from the first day, then just let us know and we will make those arrangements.
Parents and carers are welcome to come in and help with coats and bags as children settle in. Over the course of the year, it is good for the children to become more independent with this.
4. What time does school start and end and where do parents/carers go?
Our School days runs from 8:45am to 3:20pm. Read below for a more detailed outline of the day.
- 8:35am - Gates are opened and children can come into school. This soft start gives children a chance to catch up with friends, say hello to staff and have a relaxed and calm start to the day.
- 8:45-8:55am - Registers completed by class teachers. The gate and classroom doors are closed at 8:45am. Anyone arriving after this time must go to the school office.
- 8:55-10:30am - Session 1
- 10:30-10:45am - Morning break
- 10:45-11:00am Assembly
- 11:00-12:00pm - Session 2
- 12:00-1:00pm - Lunchtime
- 1:00-3:00pm - Sessions 3 and 4
- 3:00 - 3:20pm Class story
- 3:20pm - End of school day
Our school day ends at 3:20 pm and all children must be picked up by their class teacher unless we have permission from a parent/carer. Each class uses a different entrance and exit to the school building.Goldfinches use the doors beside their outdoor area near the garden
Sparrows use the doors outside their classroom onto the back playground
Kingfishers use the Key Stage 1 doors on the front playground
Barn Owls use the foyer doors near the hall
Buzzards use the foyer doors near the hall