We belong at Buckfastleigh . . .
We firmly believe that how a child dresses affects his/her attitude to learning and behaviour. At Buckfastleigh we would like our children to take pride in their appearance to give them a sense of belonging. Our school uniform is smart and practical.
At Buckfastleigh Primary School, we expect our children to wear uniform for the following reasons:
- To contribute to the sense of belonging to our school family.
- To give children an identity related to our school.
- To promote pride in our school.
- To present the best image of the school to other schools and the community.
- To help parents avoid conflict over dress and reduce cost.
- To minimise risks to health and safety.
The uniform consists of:
- A plain white polo shirt
- Sky blue polo shirt (Year 6 pupils ONLY)
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Grey or black school trousers, shorts or skirt (no combat trousers, tracksuits, leggings or jeans)
- Lined waterproof coat or fleece with a school logo (optional)
- Plain dark or white socks/black, navy or grey tights
- Black sturdy shoes – no trainers
Summer (After Easter to October half term) - Blue and white checked summer dress, plain grey or black smart shorts
Summer - Plain closed toed sandals
Hair – Plain hairbands. No ‘party’ hair accessories, including hair colour
Jewellery – watch and ear studs are permitted. No other jewellery
Nail varnish – not permitted
We ask that long hair is tied back particularly for PE and games lessons
This should be in school every day. It is helpful if it can be kept in a separate, named bag.
- Trainers or plimsolls with non-marking soles
- Navy shorts/skorts
- Plain , green, red, blue or yellow T-shirt ( optional school logo)
- Plain white T-shirt for KS1
Children may wear plain dark coloured tracksuits in the winter months.
Swimming kit is also needed during the Summer Term.
To order uniform
Our uniform suppliers are School Trends and Tesco and they both operate an online ordering system where uniform is sent directly to parents. Please view their websites to look at the choice of uniform available and to place your order. There are differences in prices between the two suppliers and they also offer slightly different optional extras eg. dresses, trousers, coats, water bottles, PE kit-in-a-bag etc.
Please ensure that all clothing is clearly marked with your child’s name.
Every term we have boxes of unmarked and unclaimed ‘lost property’. Please help us reduce this!
For School Trends please visit: http://www.schooltrendsonline.com/schools/BuckfastleighPrimarySchoolTQ110DD/
For Tesco uniform please visit: